Friday, March 15, 2013

P!NK

Pink


I just got back from picking up my ‘Pink’ ticket for next Tuesday night!  The show is completely sold out, and tix on Ebay/Craiglist have all been going for at least $200.  I got it from Craigslist.  I had been watching Craigslist closely, checking practically every hour for the last week.  I called this latest ad minutes after it appeared online.  $90…lower level…9th row!  I got it from a lady named Julie who told me on the phone she was going to take her two sons, but one has baseball practice and can’t go.  I told her that I would be her other son for the night.
 
Unfortunately I had to pick the ticket up from her husband, Jim.  He’s a State Farm agent and I had to go to his office.  He looked a little nervous when I walked through his door in my black leather biker jacket and jeans.  I’m sure he was sizing me up, knowing that I would be the guy sitting with his wife and son at a Pink concert.  I thought about pretending I was gay so he wouldn’t have to worry about me hitting on his wife, but then I thought that maybe then he’d worry that I would hit on his son.  So I figured I would just mention my wife to put him at ease.  I told him my wife thinks this whole ‘Pink’ thing is hilariously ridiculous and she can’t believe I am actually going to see her in concert. 
 
Either I was mumbling nervously or he wasn’t listening because then he wanted to know if she was going.  Nope…just me.  A 46 year old guy who likes Pink.  I tried to explain that I like a LOT of different music and I go to a LOT of different concerts, but that I never imagined in million years that I’d be going to see PINK.  Then I nervously told him that it all started last summer when I bought one of her cd’s at a garage sale for quarter just for the hell of it...and I loved it.  As I was talking though I could tell he still wasn’t listening to me.  He was just staring at me with a worried look on his face.
 
I thanked him for the generous price as I handed him the $90.  He looked at me for a little while longer as I mumbled some other unmemorable stuff.  Finally he handed me the ticket and slowly mentioned that I will be sitting with his wife and kid.  I said I would buy them a drink, and then I quickly amended that to ‘or popcorn or something’.  Then I got the hell out of there but I could feel him burning holes in my back with his eyes.  I wonder if his wife is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment