Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weird Phone Call



A few months ago my favorite band the Radiators were in town for the weekend and I had to call my friend Ted Booker to get the Friday flight arrival info and hotel info as I needed to finalize my plans for the weekend.  So I call Ted from my work phone, holding the phone up to my right ear.  I am sitting there waiting for the call to go through when suddenly my cell phone on my desk in front of me starts ringing.  I am a little annoyed at the bad timing of this intrusion, but my call to Ted was still ringing so I dutifully picked up the cell with my left hand and put it to my left ear.  “Hello?  Hello?  Who is this?” 

Nobody is answering, and for some strange reason I can totally hear myself loud and clear in my right ear.  What the hell?  Then I think to look at the caller ID on my cell phone and it was the general phone number from work.  Huh?  Why is somebody from my office calling me on my cell phone??

Oh cripes...suddenly I realized that I had accidentally called my cell phone number instead of Ted’s cell phone.  So…the right side of my head was talking to the left side of my head…very weird.  I abruptly hung up on myself and took a quick glance around the office to see if anyone had seen me talking to myself.  Nope, all good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment